Mass updates can be done using a simple Excel file without programming effort
Please download an Excel-sheet in the Inventory via the function "Export" and use it as a template. Existing Fact Sheets identified by ID will be updated. If you add rows without ID, new Fact Sheets will be created.
Please follow three steps to import your modified template:
- Import: By clicking on "Import" a new dialogue window appears.
File Upload (xls): Best is, if you first download at "Export" a template. If you select "Test Run" no changes will be made to your Workspace but the Import file will be checked for errors. After the test run, you can download an Excel report, which shows the results line by line.
Import: By clicking on Import the file will be imported.
The following columns will be updated for all Fact Sheets:
|Parent||String, Max length 255 or comma-separated list depending on the hierarchy type. If the hierarchy type is tree the Parent column must contain the Display Name of the Parent Fact Sheet. If network type is chosen all Parents must be in a comma-separated list.|
|Name||String, Max length 255|
|Alias||String, Max length 255|
|ExternalID||String, Max length 255|
|Lifecycle End of Life||Date|
Per Fact Sheet type, specific columns are appended to the Excel download. E.g. for an Application the following extra columns will be exported and can be used during import or new applications or update of existing applications:
|Release||String, Max length 255|
|Business Criticality||Number between 1 (High) - 4 (Low)|
|Business Criticality Description||Text|
|Overall Functional Fit||Number between 1 (Low) - 4 (High)|
|Functional Fit Description||Text|
|Overall Technical Fit||Number between 1 (Low) - 4 (High)|
|Technical Fit Description||Text|
|Related Business Capabilities||Text|
|Related User Groups||Text|
In addition to these Fact Sheet type related fields it is also possible to mass import the Responsibles for a Fact Sheet. For each Subscription Role Type as defined in the Administration a single column is available. This field can contain all e-mail addresses of Responsibles in a comma-separated list.
Common caveats and how to address them
1. Hierarchy cannot be imported
- Check if the level of hierarchies is set appropriately (go to Administration - Customizations and edit the Fact Sheet Settings for your Fact Sheet)
- Parent cannot be found. When creating hierarchies, you have two options:
- Use separate upload steps per hierarchy level, e.g. one XLS for Level 1, one XLS for Level 2 and so on. By this, you can always use the Test Mode to check the correctness before importing the data
- In case you feel confident, sort the rows by hierarchy level in the same XLS. Warning: You cannot use the Test Mode to verify your import in this case - it is only able to check hierarchies if they are actually created.
2. Relation cannot be imported
- Check that you use the correct display name of the referenced fact sheet
- In case of 1:n or n:m relations, check that the display names are separated by ";"
3. Tags are not imported
- For Tag Groups, there are separate columns, with one column "Other Tags" for the remaining tags. Make sure that all Tag Group columns are contained in the import, as the results won't be consistent otherwise
- If Tags of a certain tag group are not imported, make sure that the tag group is existing (Administration - Custom Fields)
4. Responsibilities are not imported
- ForResponsibilies, there are separate columns as well. Make sure that all Responsibilities columns are contained in the import, as an error will occur otherwise.