We're a software development company that has grown through acquisitions, in addition to releasing our own products. We operate in multiple verticals. So, our general business alignment for applications is to have a vertical / pillar, then products under that, where a product can consist of multiple applications under it. We're considering creating a "Product" fact sheet that can be used for the top-level of our stack where we typically have different items we're tracking than at the individual application level. Anyone else have a similar use case? Don't want to end up getting too many hierarchy levels deep in application, but also don't want to go crazy with fact sheet types. Example below. In this example, multiple applications can be related to a product, applications can support multiple products, and multiple products can be related to a vertical.
- Product: Healthcare (vertical) (hierarchy level 1)
- Product: Healthcare Product 1 (hierarchy level 2)
- Application: Underlying Application 1
- Application: Underlying Application 2
- Application: Underlying Application 3